Having your spellcasters duel each other is an awesome way to gain magic experience or get really awesome ingredients or artifacts from other sims. Dueling has some really fun animations with colourful beams of light coming from each sim until one eventually loses.
They can duel any sim who is a spellcaster in the magic realm and no one will bat an eye, however, if you start dueling another sim in another world you may get some looks.
Types of Duels
There are 5 types of duels that your sims can choose to participate in, either where they are currently, or at the dueling grounds.
- A Heated Duel is an emotional duel that will leave the two sims with some negative feelings toward each other. They are going to lose some of their relationship if they know each other or start becoming enemies if they don’t.
- A Friendly Duel is just a nice duel between two sims where they won’t lose any relationship or gain anything in the process, however, they will learn and gain some spellcaster XP.
- A Duel for Knowledge is best when done with a sim who is at a higher spellcaster level than you (I always do mine with Sages) and has a chance of teaching your sim a new spell or a new potion recipe.
- A Duel for Artificats can get your sim to win some magical artifacts that you could purchase at Caster’s Alley, you may get a familiar or a wand or broomstick.
- A Duel for Ingredients will have your sim gifted with some ingredients for some potions if they are lucky enough to win the duel.
The Dueling Grounds
When you go into the magical realm there are a few little floating island type sections that your sim can use the portals to experience. In addition to casters alley and the garden area, there is the dueling grounds where your sims can have epic battles.
To duel another sim at the dueling grounds you can click on them and i the magic menu choose duel at the dueling grounds and both sims will meet each other at the dueling grounds and start their battle.
Dueling is an amazing way to get your sim to earn new things and be given some awesome magical tools. Also, dueling is some of my favourite animations added with The Sims 4: Realm of Magic. What’s your favourite part about dueling? Let me know in the comments!