Just like other sims games, the sims 4 has a voodoo doll that can be used on other sims and make their life a little bit worse. Your sim can even use a voodoo doll to make a sim feel flirty, so it could be used to get your sim a new significant other.
How to Get a Voodoo Doll
The voodoo doll is a special item that must be unlocked for yourself to grab one from build mode. This means you must get your sim to mischief level 3. When you hit it, you’ll see a notification in the corner letting you know that it’s been unlocked.
You can either order the voodoo doll from the computer’s order section, or purchase one from build mode for §950. It will immediately appear in your sim’s inventory. You can purchase as many voodoo dolls as you please, each one can only bind to one sim so if you want to have more than one sim as a voodoo doll, you’ll need more than one.
You can also sometimes find a voodoo doll when digging for treasure or when fishing, but this can be time consuming and often your sims will come up empty handed. It’s best to just build (or cheat) your mischief skill and grab it from build mode for §950.
Note: You will have the best luck fishing for a voodoo doll if you do it at Sylvan Glades or in the Forgotten Grotto.
If you don’t want to gain the mischief skill the old fashioned way, you can push it right to level 10 using the following cheat! You just need to hit ctrl + alt + C and then type in testingcheats true and hit enter. Then, type stats.set_skill_level major_mischief X and fill the X with whatever level mischief you’d like your ism to have!
How to Bind a Voodoo Doll
If you’re really dark and twisted, it’s important to note that you can not use a voodoo doll on a child, toddler, or baby in The Sims 4. You are able to bind a voodoo doll to a teenager, adult, young adult, or elder.
If your sim has a low mischief skill they may have some trouble binding their voodoo doll on the first try, but keep trying because it will eventually stick. You’ll officially know that it has worked when you get a confident moodlet saying you do the voodoo.
*Note: The other sim must be on the same lot as you in order for you to bind a voodoo doll to them.
Voodoo Doll Interactions
As you increase your mischief skill, your sim will be given new interactions with the voodoo doll so they can do different things to the sim it is bound to! Here are the available interactions for your voodoo doll:
- Poke (Level 1 Mischief): If this interaction is successful, the sim who you’ve bound the voodoo doll to will get an angry moodlet for 4 hours.
- Frolic (Level 1 Mischief): If your sim is successful with this interaction, they will bounce the voodoo doll around which will get the infected sim to feel tingly and weird, giving them a playful moodlet for 4 hours.
- Tickle (Level 3 Mischief): If this interaction with the voodoo doll is successful, the sim will get a weird and uneasy feeling which will give them an uncomfortable moodlet for 4 hours.
- Soak (Level 5 Mischief): If your sim is able to be successful with this interaction, they will dump water on the voodoo doll and the sim will be given a dazed moodlet for 4 hours.
- Cuddle (Level 2 Charisma): Doing this interaction with your voodoo doll will make the bound sim feel flirty and can really help make your sim fall in love with the bound sim
- Toy With Death (Level 5 Mischief): If your sim is around when someone is passing away, they can stop the grim reaper from being able to take away a sim who is dying and save them from death! If you’re successful the grim reaper will bring that sim back to life instead of taking them away.
Having a voodoo doll in The Sims 4 can really help your game if you have some dark storylines that you want to pursue or you just want to mess with another sim (Eliza Pancakes, maybe?). Have you ever had a voodoo doll in The Sims 4? What’s your favourite voodoo doll interaction? Let me know in the comments!